Who knew that these beautiful flowers hid tasty sunchokes beneath them!
- 1-2 pound sunchokes
- Oil to coat (omit additional oil if roasted with meat)
- Salt and pepper to taste (or garlic salt, my prefernce
- Scrub sunchokes and cut them, if large, so pieces are about the same size for even cooking.
- Place sunchokes in baking dish and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Turn to coat evenly. Bake in a 350º oven for 30-45 min.
- This recipe is very simple. You can roast the sunchokes along with any meat you're roasting. Just add them to the roasting pan about 30 min. before meat is done. Turn them in pan juices so they are covered with oil. Sunchokes should be soft throughout, but not mushy. Pierce with a sharp knife to test.
Roast several root vegetables in a medley, e.g. potatoes, celery root, beets, parsnip, burdock etc. Proceed same as above.